Local Places of Interest
Things to do and see around Okehampton
The house is extremely peaceful and private, but Lydford, Okehampton, Tavistock and Launceston are all nearby.
- Cotehele House & Gardens National Trust
- Castle Drogo National Trust
- Lydford Gorge National Trust
- The Forgotten Woodland Gardens of Lewtrenchard
- Dingles Fairground
- Roadford lakes
- Visit Dartmoor
- National Cycle Network Route 27 (very close to)
Culture vultures have Cotehele [etc etc] to satisfy them. Children can let off steam at Okehampton Adventure of the Climbing Wall, If you prefer to stay at home there are plenty of sunny spots to sit in the garden in the sun with a book or binoculars. If it’s raining there are wet weather games in the sitting room [almost anything from Oxford Monopoly to Russian Scrabble) – perfect for playing in front of a roaring fire.